Warranty Information & Claim
Appliance Troubleshooting Self Service
Get instant help with common product issues
Before submitting a warranty claim please see our self service help centre with articles about our appliances and products that cover basic troubleshooting and common issues.
Please check the help centre when you are experiencing issues with our appliances, it may be an easy to solve problem. If you don't find a solution to your problem, please proceed to submit a warranty claim.
NOTE: Please use the "Warranty/Servicing" option on our support portal to submit a warranty claim.
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act sets out certain guarantees goods have to meet. It specifies rights and remedies available to you if our goods fail to meet one or more of these guarantees. Trade Depot, its warranties, and its terms of sale will comply with all requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act.
"When things go wrong, we’ll do our best to right them no matter who is at fault."
Trade Depot offers a standard 12-month warranty on most items excluding circumstances and items noted under Warranty Limitations. We will repair, replace or refund the item depending on how serious the fault is. The warranty only covers damage to the item and may not cover consequential losses or costs.
- Trade Depot offers an easy return policy with money back.
- Spare/replacement parts are often replaced free or very low cost if you’ve damaged/misplaced them and even if the warranty time period has expired.
- When installation of replacement parts is a minor, simple task or does not require a professional service person, we may ask for you to install these yourself.
In addition to our standard 12-month warranty, some of our items and manufacturer ranges come with an extended manufacturer/parts warranty. Our website will clearly state any extended warranty terms on our individual product pages.
Please note that the current warranty cover periods on our website were updated on 18. September 2018. Any warranty claim is subject to the warranty terms that were in effect on the date of purchase.
This means that the current extended warranty terms are valid for purchases on or after the 18. September 2018. Note that, outside of warranty, we will endeavour to provide you with any parts and assistance necessary to fix your item, however incurred costs may be passed on to you.
The standard and extended warranty do not cover:
Service calls which are not related to any defect in the Product. The cost of a service call will be charged if the problem is not found to be a Product fault. For example:
- Correcting the installation of the product.
- Instructing you how to use the product.
- Replacing house fuses or correct house wiring or plumbing.
- Correcting fault(s) caused by the user.
- Noise or vibration that is considered normal, e.g. drain/fan sounds, regeneration noises or user warning beeps.
- Correcting damage caused by pests, e.g. rats, cockroaches etc.
Defects caused by factors other than:
- Normal domestic use or
- Use in accordance with the Product’s User Guide.
Defects to the Product caused by accident, neglect, misuse or Act of God.
The cost of repairs carried out by non-authorised repairers or the cost of correcting such unauthorised repairs.
Normal recommended maintenance as set out in the Product’s User Guide.
Repairs when the appliance has been dismantled, repaired or serviced by other than an approved trained and support service technician or the selling dealer.
Pick-up and delivery.
Transportation or travelling costs involved in the repair when the product is installed outside the AUTHORISED CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE’S normal service area.
Normal wear and tear.
Minor imperfections not affecting performance or decorative value.
Limited Warranty Claim Costs/Fees
- Free warranty areas include homes in central city suburbs/areas of Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Wellington and Christchurch (excluding outlining areas and Islands).
In these areas, Trade Depot will endeavour to repair, replace or service your warranty claim within a reasonable period.
- In other areas, a travel surcharge and callout fees will apply which will be waived in a return-to-base situation.
- Items to be serviced/inspected must be in a suitable (thoroughly clean) condition otherwise costs of cleaning and repair preparation may apply.
Estimated Cost of Callout
- Callout $90.00 including GST
- Labour $30.00 per 30 Minutes
- Parts to be confirmed
Installation Workmanship and Materials
Installations and workmanship not carried out by qualified personnel or licenced tradespersons are excluded by the provisions of this warranty. Please ensure you obtain a comprehensive written warranty from your tradesperson for all materials and workmanship completed and keep a copy of quotes, invoices, warranties and all correspondence.
All goods must be installed, serviced and/or operated by a qualified experienced tradesperson.
- Installations must comply with industry standards and normal practices including pre-installation inspection and checking and post-installation testing of all functions for failure. Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product.
- Sanitary, Plumbing and Drainage items must be installed by a registered industry professional.
- Electrical Installations must be undertaken by a licensed electrical worker and a Certificate of Compliance or Electrical Safety Certificate (including Registration / Practicing licence number) may be required.
Unauthorised Repairs / Repairers
Repairs and repairers must be authorised by Trade Depot Limited otherwise their repair costs may not be covered in full by warranty. The amount covered will be assessed by Trade Depot
Consequential loss, installation and costs are generally not covered by warranty
Trade Depot will not meet the costs of tradespersons, services, penalties or any other losses/costs whatsoever caused by any event/failure including time-to-time lateness, errors and damaged parts.
Installation without pre-inspection for visible faults and for correct items/parts supply
Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws/correct items/in-full before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product after that time.
Warranties are not transferable beyond the original purchaser.
The below table outlines our warranties for showers, tapware, slide showers, toilets, baths, vanities and their components.
Performance warranty is a guarantee that the building element will still work for the given timeframe regardless of its external appearance. This still requires the property owner to undertake regular maintenance/repairs (such as replacing seals, etc.) at their own expense.
|• Doors & Returns||10 Years|
|• Shower Tray||10 Years|
|• Tile Trays||15 Years|
|• Shower Liner||10 Years|
|• Seals||2 Years|
|• Inwall Mixers||15 Years|
|• Cartridges||10 Years|
|Slide Showers||2 Years|
|• Hoses||2 Years|
|• Sliding Mechanisms||2 Years|
|• Toilet Seats||2 Years|
|• Flushing Mechanisms||5 Years|
Of course, there are some care maintenance requirements and industry standard exclusions, for example glass, seals etc.
All products must be installed by a qualified/licensed installer in accordance with the installation instructions.
Products must be maintained in accordance with the aftercare instructions. The product guarantee will be invalid if the product has been misused, neglected, damaged or not maintained.
Heat Pump Service Areas
- Palmerston North
- New Plymouth